The most simple, delicious, 2 ingredient dairy-free chocolate mousse, loved by the whole family. I didn’t intentionally make them dairy free, but they work ever so well. My eldest daughter, Florence, adores them, especially served in an egg cup. Great for a little chocolate treat, for post lockdown dinner parties, kids birthday parties etc.
This really is the most simple 2 ingredient chocolate mousse dessert you will find. It ticks so may boxes. Firstly it is divine, smooth and so moreish…but it is also:
You can decorate them with what ever you want and flavour them too. A little peppermint oil or orange zest make great additions, as do chopped nuts, chocolate buttons and fresh fruit.
For those that need to know, there are approximately 1.5g carbs per portion. I used 90% chocolate for mine. The whole mixture comes to 11g carbs. If you use a lower % chocolate, this is absolutely fine, just be mindful of any added carbs if you are diabetic and need to carb count. Also, always double check the back of your coconut milk to make sure there aren’t any added sugars. I like the Biona range best, here
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 120g high % chocolate, melted
- In a glass bowl, over simmering water, melt your chocolate
- In another glass bowl, pour coconut milk. Whisk it up for about 30 seconds, to get lots of air in to it.
- Carefully pour the chocolate in to the coconut milk, whisking as you do it.
- Continue to whisk until all combined. The more you whisk, the better the mousse will be.
- Pour in to ramekins. Decorate.
- Pop in the fridge for at least 3 hrs.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can use cream instead of coconut milk.
Make sure you don't pour the chocolate in to coconut milk without whisking immediately as it will separate.