Before I gave up dairy I used to love a great big bowl of Greek yoghurt with blueberries and toasted seeds for breakfast. It wasn’t so much the taste but the texture that I craved and as much as I love a lot of my new breakfast options I do miss the odd yoghurt sometimes. Over the last few months I have found that there are a lot of ‘coconut’ based yoghurts starting to grace supermarkets but I’m quite sceptical when looking at the list of ingredients. Personally I usually make it a rule of thumb that if I can’t pronounce the ingredient I won’t put it in my body!
That being said, I love to make my own yoghurty breakfast pot. This recipe is creamy and flavourful with a thick indulgent texture! Oh, and there are only a few simple ingredients with a long list of goodness and health benefits to match.
What you need:
To serve two
*1 cup cashew nuts (soaked in 2 cups water for 2+hrs)
*1 cup almond milk
*1/2 frozen banana (If you don’t like banana just leave it out)
*1 heaped tsp cinnamon
*1 tbsp chia seeds
- Cut up the mango and set aside
- Soak the cashew nuts for at least 2 hrs prior to making (I usually soak mine the night before)
- In to a food processor or blender place the cashew nuts, almond milk and banana and blitz until smooth and creamy
- Add in the mango and cinnamon and continue to blend until fully combined
- Add 1 tbsp chia seeds and mix in with a spoon. Allow to stand for 10 minutes (or more if you can) to let the chia seeds swell
- Serve immediately with chopped almonds
Suitable for: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Egg-Free, Paleo