I have some exciting news that I’ve been wanting to share with you all for a while. A couple of months ago I was approached by Stefan, the CEO of Meat Porter , a UK based online artisan butcher who asked me to collaborate with them and create a Paleo only meat box. So after lots of trialling of some of the most divine meats I have ever tasted I finally decided on the perfect Paleo box. I wanted the box to be versatile, affordable box with lots of opportunity to make diverse recipes for all the family. This box is perfect for those looking for high quality, unprocessed, grass-fed meat. Restaurant quality produce, ideal for use at home or the perfect gift for meat lovers.
WHAT’S IN MY PALEO BOX?
1 x Whole Free Range Large Chicken with Giblets (serves 4-5, minimum weight 1.8kg)
500g Free Range Diced Chicken Breast (serves 4-5)
2 x 8oz Sirloin Steaks
500g Lean Diced Lamb (serves 3-4)
500g Lean Pork Mince (serves 4-5)
Meat Porter is an online artisan butcher set up in 2014 which sources and delivers fresh meat to your door. The website is simple and quick to use and you can place your order at any time day or night. No need to stand any longer in lengthy queues to then find out the meat you were after had sold out, have to rush straight home to get it in to the fridge, or have to leave work early just to get to the butcher before it shuts.
All orders placed by 1:30pm Monday – Friday will be delivered the following day across Great Britain. The meat arrives in a waterproof recyclable and reusable brown box with the Meat Porter logo stamped on top. The box is filled with paper shred and cool packs to keep your meat cold and fresh until delivery. The meat is vacuum sealed and labeled and there is a sheet of waxed paper that gives 27 unique tips for preparing, cooking and enjoying different meats.
I particularly love that when you click in to your choice of meat you get told which farm the meat has come from. It’s great to actually know exactly where your meat was sourced.
The important bits:
- Meat Porter delivers from Tuesday to Saturday, on whichever day you choose.
- Delivery is free on orders of £50 or more, otherwise it’s £4.95.
- If you order by 1:30pm, Monday to Friday, you can receive your order tomorrow.
- You can select a different delivery day; it doesn’t have to be tomorrow.
- You can have your meat box delivered to your home or your place of work.
Meat Porter is environmentally friendly. . .
- The box is fully recyclable and reusable; as is the paper shred and the waxed paper. The vacuum packaging is recyclable in most councils and boroughs.
- The ice packs that keep your meat cold can be refrozen and used again and again.
Where does the meat come from?
- Meat Porter source the best meat for your kitchen at home.
- Their key motivator is sourcing British, high-welfare, exceptional-tasting restaurant-quality cuts and delivering to your front door.
- They have relationships with established small and medium-sized producers and farms across the UK. They source directly from these farms and liaise with them on a daily basis.
- They source from the same producers as many of the UK’s top restaurants, hotels and steakhouses, including some with coveted Michelin stars.
- All of their meat meets the highest UK welfare standards and traceability is always available back to the farm. Each product page will provide you with further, more specific information.
- Their meat is exclusively British – each product page will detail the origin farm.
All of the Meat Porter boxes vary in price depending on what you go for. This Paleo box is priced at £45 which in my opinion is very good value for money for the amount of meat and quality you get . This particular box lasted 2 weeks for my husband and myself as many of the meats can be made in to more than one meal. For example the free range chicken we had as a roast for 4 for a Sunday lunch and then used the remaining scraps of chicken for a curry for the two of us a couple of days later. I then used the bones to make a huge batch of bone broth. Have your bird and eat it!
For any one wanting to purchase a Meat Porter Paleo box you can receive 10% off with this discount code PALEO10
Check out Meat Porter on their website here