Apparently it’s World Porridge Day today so I thought it would be the perfect time to share this breakfast post. Now, I don’t meet many people who don’t like chocolate- or for that matter wouldn’t choose to eat it at any given time, day or night. Chocolate for me is my therapy, it relaxes me and can take all the stresses and strains away for those few minutes of indulgence. For me the richer and darker the chocolate the better.
So, what better way to start the day on a high (happy high, not blood sugar high- I might add!) than a bowl full of chocolate goodness! This is my version of overnight oats, or as I call them “noats”- without the oats of course! This is such a yummy breakfast and a definite treat. It’s something you can prepare the night before, dream of chocolate and then wake up to the most delicious, thick and creamy breakfast bowl.
What you need:
For 1 large portion (or 2 smaller portions)
*1/2 cup cashew nuts
*1/3 cup macadamia nuts
*1 medjool date (add more if you would like it sweeter)
*1 heaped tsp chia seeds
*1 cup unsweetened almond milk (if you want to make a bigger dish, add 2 cups almond milk and 4 tsp chia seeds)
*2 large dessert spoon raw cacao
- Into a blender place the cashew nuts, macadamia nuts and date (s), blitz until finely chopped
- Add 1 heaped tsp raw cacao and continue to blend for about 30-40 seconds
- In to a container/ jar place the raw mixture and add in the almond milk. Mix in and then add 1 heaped tsp chia seeds, stir in until fully combined
- Seal the container and place in the fridge over night
- The next morning all the liquid will have been soaked up and you will have a deliciously creamy texture
- Serve with seasonal fruit/ coconut / chopped nuts /dried fruit / cacao nibs